- 22-9 MMA / 1 Bellator No Contest
- 2 Fight Win Streak
- Notable Wins: Paul Taylor, Paul Kelly, Chris Lytle
- 23-1 MMA / 1-1 Bellator Record
- 3 Fight Win Streak
- Notable Wins: Beau Baker, Douglas Evans, Thiago Michel Silva
- 34-16 MMA / Bellator Debut
- 2 Fight Losing Streak
- Notable Wins: Luigi Fioravanti, War Machine, Luiz Firmino
- 9-1 MMA / 1-1 Bellator Record
- Won 9 of Last 10 Fights
- Notable Wins: Drew Dober, Satoru Kitaoka, Ricardo Tirloni
September 27th, 2013
39-year old and longtime MMA veteran, Marcus Davis enters season nine’s tournament for one last chance at a world title. Davis was released from the UFC after a four and half years with the promotion, and has amassed a 5-1 record in the regional circuit. Most recently, he earned a unanimous decision victory against Darrius Heyliger at a New England Fights event last May.
Alexander Sarnavskiy suffered his first career loss in October of last year, losing a split decision to Rich Clementi at Bellator 77. He’s rebounded nicely, winning his last three fights, including two submission victories over Thiago Michel Silva and Atchin Chaoshen Ne.
John Alessio was released from the UFC in July of last year after back-to-back losses to Mark Bocek and Shane Roller. He made his 155-pound debut at a Aggression Fighting Championship event in November of last year against Dave Mazany, but the fight was called a no-contest after Alessio was poked in the eye and unable to continue.
Will Brooks was surprisingly eliminated in the semifinals of last season’s lightweight tournament by Saad Awad, getting knocked out in just 43-seconds in the opening round. The loss snapped a nine-fight win streak to begin his career, including key wins over Satoru Kitaoka and Ricardo Tirloni.